The Painsley Catholic Academy was established in 2012 and in September 2018 welcomed a union with Holy Trinity Catholic Multi Academy, making it the largest Catholic multi-academy company in the Archdiocese of Birmingham. In September 2023, the academy was delighted to welcome a further school, Cardinal Griffin Catholic College in Cannock, into its family.
Our family now comprises three high schools and thirteen primary schools, please click here to learn more. We share a clear vision of how our schools can operate effectively, ensuring that each and every one of our students achieve their full potential in a caring and disciplined environment. We are committed to providing each of our students with the best education possible. We believe that exceptional communication will provide enhanced spiritual development, life chances and opportunities for all.
As Chief Executive Officer (CEO), I am blessed to have outstanding staff, outstanding directors, outstanding support from parents and parishes and, crucially, outstanding and respectful students. I take the trust that you, as parents, put in me as CEO to care, guide and educate your child very seriously.
A key point for me is that the multi-academy cannot be seen as separate from the school; we are 16 schools: 1 multi-academy i.e. inextricably linked. I must also stress that the multi-academy recognises the importance of the schools retaining their own identity and responding to the needs of their local community. So, as a member of the multi-academy, under the direction of the Executive Leadership, every school is involved in:
• ensuring that school improvement across the multi-academy is central to our aim as Catholic educators so that your child benefits from the very best Catholic education
• working with all 16 schools and the Executive Leadership to have a shared understanding of excellence in all areas of the curriculum so that learning is carefully sequenced, which allows your child(ren) to remember what they have been taught
• sharing best practice and learning from and with each other
• enabling every leader and teacher to be the best they can be so that every child receives the very best education
• ensuring that talented leaders and staff are used across the multi-academy to share best practice
• benefiting from Painsley’s Teaching School Hub that provides professional development for aspiring, new and existing teachers and leaders
• benefiting from economies of scale, as we have far greater purchasing power as a group of schools meaning that every school has more money to spend on your child(ren)
• sharing fantastic personal development opportunities with other schools, such as meaningful trips and visits
• benefiting from new or revamped buildings due to the additional capital funding we receive from the government as a multi-academy
• continuing to improve EYFS, Key Stage 1/2/4/5 progress and attainment
• reducing the gap between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged pupils to zero so that all pupils, regardless of background, have the very best education
• ensuring that SEND pupils make good progress (at least higher than national) from their starting points and that needs are identified early and appropriate provision and intervention are in place
• retaining their identity with the freedom to innovate with evidence-based plans
• supporting other schools in the multi-academy when they face any challenges
• using data across the multi-academy so that benchmarking exercises can take place and best practice identified and shared
• focusing on teaching and learning as the many wider school requirements are addressed by the central team
As Executive Leaders, we believe in planning for the long-term. The pupils in Reception will leave Year 13 in 2037 and we want to ensure that they are prepared for the ever-changing world.
I assure you that I will work tirelessly to ensure that your child’s ambitions and God-given talents are realised.
Chief Executive Officer
Mr S. G. Bell BA (Hons) PGCE MA NPQH